Monday, November 28, 2011

Walk to Worship

This warm fall weather and no snow mean I can keep walking to church every Sunday. Sunday morning I have plenty of time to get in some extra steps to keep active and still attend the church of my choice.  I start one hour before worship and dress warm enough to make the walk comfortable. The three miles ,one way, warms me up on cool fall days, but too warm to be uncomfortable during the worship service.

I find the quiet time a bonus, because I can be thoughtful about the beauty around me on the streets of Fergus Falls. I take the river walk through downtown and the sidewalk past the levee near the new high school. Each time the changes of the season bring new sights and smells.

If you have the time, I recommend a thoughtful walk to worship. See the map for the exact route click on Kim's walk to worship to open the map.

No comments:

Post a Comment